Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Welcome!

Greetings visitor,

You are viewing the beginning of a new blog, focused on the car-free (is there supposed to be a hyphen there or not?) lifestyle of a native Portlander (myself). Do note, we are talking about the Portland on the East Coast, Portland, Maine. Although the title of the site is "Walk Around Portland," I will focus on other subjects besides pedestrian activity such as public transportation, bicycling, and public spaces among other topics.

I have been keeping up with my main blog, Portland Daily Photo, for a year and a half and want to try branching out a little bit more. Where that blog is focused on pictures, I would like to use this space to share my thoughts beyond photography and the occasional quips.

I have no intention to preach about 'living car-free,' as I still have an automobile available to me for tasks such as groceries and trips to destinations unserviced by public transit. I will surely share more about my own experiences as times goes on, so more to come there.

One more thing I want to mention is that there are a lot of blogs about Portland, Maine but few of them have any original content. The majority of the local blog circuit consists of posts linking to traditional media such as the Press Herald. There is nothing wrong with that, and I will posts links to a lot of stories from other sites; I do, however, hope to get into the habit of writing some truly original content that other people may someday link to.

With all that said, I hope you come back soon and see what I am up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin