Thursday, February 9, 2012

Metro QR Codes

I recently noticed a QR code on a Metro bus stop sign and took a few snapshots with my phone. Has anyone else seen these around town? I tried scanning the code with my Android smartphone (using Google Goggles) but it didn't seem to work.  I didn't see anything on the Metro website about this, so perhaps it's in the early stages or the code wasn't actually put up by them. It would be neat to have these QR codes at bus stops around town that would provide a direct link on your smartphone to a route map and timetable. If I was feeling ambitious I would also suggest that Metro provide open transit data to let riders track the location of buses in real time (but that's a topic for another day). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin